Friday 7 January 2011

Moodboard Evaluation

Moodboard Evaluation

What is a mood board and what is it used for?
A mood board is a type of poster that often consists of many images in a choice of sequence by the creator of the mood board. It could sometimes include text and samples of objects on them. Designers use mood boards to help the design the final design and also to communicate with other members of the team, to help them understand how the final design should look. Mood boards are usually used so a person can visually illustrate how a certain objective should be carried out. In this case I created a mood board to show how the set should be designed for the show “Little shop of horrors”. Creating a mood board will give the creator a great design inspiration as they would have everything planned visually and could just follow it. It will also give the rest of the team inspiration as they will know exactly how it should and would want to achieve the objective.
How did you research your theme?
In order for me to create my mood board I had to do amounts of research before. The way I carried out my research was by surfing the internet and using many different search engines. One of the search engines that I used was “Google”. This is one of the best search engines as it has everything, i.e. – “advanced search”. I used the advanced search tool to narrow down my search and get the best possible results. I used keywords like “1950”, “new York”, “set designs” etc. After doing this it came up with great images. To get the best possible quality I had to crop my images so therefore I cropped them to a smaller size and got great quality.
How did you use your mood board to help design the set?
The mood board that I created came into great success as it helped me very efficiently to create the set. It helped me to select and edit the appropriate images. It also helped to select the right colours, textures and period details. I used all of the images on the set to base the whole set design on. Some images even looked like they were re made on stage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment